Official Injury Claim is a new service that makes the personal injury claim process simple, secure and unbiased so anyone can choose to make a claim without the requirement of legal assistance. The easy-to-use service enables people who have suffered injuries in a road traffic accident to understand how to make a claim, provide the required information, manage their claim and receive settlement offers.
Official Injury Claim is an impartial service and does not make any money from claims. The purpose of the service is to deliver Government policy in relation to road traffic accident related personal injury claims under £5,000.
The Official Injury Claim service is due to be launched on 31st May 2021. People injured in an accident on or after that date can then choose to claim through this service direct, without the need for legal assistance.
The Official Injury Claim service has been designed to make the personal injury claim process simple, secure and unbiased so anyone can choose to make a claim without legal help. The service is:
trustworthy – we work on behalf of the Ministry of Justice
- secure – we keep your details safe with security features built into every step of the process. We will never sell your personal data
- independent and unbiased - unlike some other services, we don’t make any money from your claim
- understanding - we understand what you might go through after an accident and are here to support you through the claim process
- supportive and straightforward – we work hard on design to make this service easy for you to use
- helpful – we provide clear information to support you even if you’re unsure where to go
- effective – we will take you through a simple, guided process to put you in control and help you complete your claim as quickly as possible
- approachable – we are on hand for any queries or problems you need help with