Official Injury Claim is a new free and independent service for people with minor injuries from a road traffic accident to claim compensation without legal help. This easy-to-use online portal guides you through the process of making a claim, obtaining a medical report, managing that claim and if the claim is successful, receiving compensation.
Official Injury Claim has been developed by MIB (Motor Insurers' Bureau) on behalf of the Ministry of Justice.
Official Injury Claim is an impartial service and does not make any money from claims. The purpose of the service is to deliver Government policy in relation to road traffic accident related personal injury claims under £5,000, rising to a total of £10,000 for all losses related to the accident (such as loss of earnings and damage to your car and property).
You can use the service if you were injured in a road traffic accident on or after the 31st May 2021.
The Official Injury Claim service has been designed to make the personal injury claim process simple, secure and unbiased so anyone can choose to make a claim without legal help. The service is:
- trustworthy – we work on behalf of the Ministry of Justice
- secure – we keep your details safe, with security features built into every step of the process. We will never sell your personal data
- independent and unbiased – unlike some other services, we don’t make any money from your claim
- understanding – we understand what you might go through after an accident and are here to support you through the claim process
- supportive and straightforward – we work hard on design to make this service easy for you to use
- helpful – we provide clear information to support you even if you’re unsure where to go
- effective – we will take you through a simple, guided process to put you in control and help you complete your claim as quickly as possible
- approachable – we are on hand for any queries or problems you need help with